Today’s Prompt: Draft out a 5-point artistic mission statement in the first person, regarding your creative work. What 5 creative “rules” or statements or intentions do you or would you want to live and work by? Print it out and hang it in your workspace.
- I will see inspiration everywhere, in everything, all the time. In light or darkness, in the awesome and the awful. In nature, in industry. In people, in things. In joy, in pain. I am surrounded, engulfed, ensconced in inspiration.
- I won’t put pressure on myself. Some days I can write thousands of words, cook or bake a dozen things. Other days, I am at a standstill. I will know that it’s perfectly okay either way.
- I will never stop adventuring. Whether literally in travel, or figuratively in words, in art, in media. I will venture out, take risks, learn, create, and let the adventure take me on a ride. That being said…
- I will celebrate the ordinary. The seemingly mundane, everyday, normal things are just as fascinating, wonderful, and beautiful as anything else.
- I will cultivate community. As much as I can do in my solitude, being surrounded by loved ones, family, friends, and fellow artists keep me going. Keeps me creating.
One thought on “Write Yourself Alive: Day 28 – Mission”
Reblogged this on The ShortStop Cafe.